Tuesday 11 August 2015

RPGaDay 2

Day 2 is the thing I'm happiest to have backed on Kickstarter.

I don't use Kickstarter much, I have to admit and recently I've only backed Feng Shui 2, Mage 20th Anniversary Edition, and the London boxed set for Cthulhu Britannica.

It's this last that I've chosen for today's RPGaDay entry. That's partly because it's the only physical thing I've got from Kickstarter, the others have been PDFs, but its also because the product is so complete, and so attractive, almost rivalling the rather wonderful Bookhounds of London from Pelgrane Press. The other reasons are that it's well written and put together, with lovely art, including one piece that just made me think of a story from Starman in which people were abducted through circus posters. I'm not sure if such a thing is possible in Call of Cthulhu, but I'm willing to investigate the possibility.

Beyond that it's one of a long line of good supplements for the game; Cthulhu Britannica has provided a lovely focus on the country developing a unique voice from the folklore and mythology of the UK, as well as the islands' history.



No comments:

Post a Comment