Thursday 13 August 2015

RPGaDay 4: The Most Surprising Game




Today's RPGaDay is 'the most surprising game', and I'm not really sure what to write about.  Partly because 'surprising feels like an odd category, it could mean a game I was surprised I didn't like when I thought it would rock, or vice versa. Or it might mean a game mechanic I was ambivalent about that actually really worked.

I'm going to go for Golden Sky Stories, which I admit I've never played, though I would love to. It's a Japanese game where you play Henge, shape shifting spirits that are working to produce a miracle. I had heard of it via a games forum that I lurk on, and really liked the sound of it. The other thing that appealed was the fact that for once violence wasn't the objective; the game has no combat rules. When I got the game the art charmed me, as did the range of abilities available to each character type; hell even the premise of the game is cute.

I'd definitely like to play it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment